SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My convertible top has stopped working. (1999 9-3SE) When the switch is mover to open, the 5th bow unlocks but then there is a chatter noise from the pump. The noise is the same if the pump is in “push” or “pull”.
Has the motor somehow decoupled from the hydraulic impeller? Has anyone experienced this issue and what did you do? My EPC doesn’t show separate parts for the motor, just the whole hydraulic unit. Has anyone had any experience with the pump unit? Can it be overhauled? Anyone know a source to overhaul it?
Last year I filled the pump with hydraulic jack oil and Lucas Booster & Stop Leak (as written on this or another forum) because of leaks in the rams. I probably refilled it twice during the season. (It didn’t stop the leaks!) Has this contributed to the pump failure?
There is a ‘99 9-3 in a junk yard nearby. The pump is gone but the five rams are still available (condition unknown). Should I go buy them?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No. I don't think there is any pressure besides, the 5th bow would have to move first and nothing moves.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Reason for the grinding noise. Now to source the part. My EPC doesn't list the part number either. but it would be simple enough to R & R.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts