SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

What is the best product and bast way to clean the roof on my convertable (black)
Do they ever need a water proofing treatment.
Mine is in very good condition, no leaks just want to keep it that way.

des

·
Registered
129 Posts
They definitely need a waterproofing treatment. Shortly after I bought mine I returned to the car during a storm to find the inside completely drenched. The rain was coming straight through the fabric and dripping everywhere.

There are two big names for cleaning and waterproofing convertible tops; Raggtopp and 303. Different people prefer one brand over the other, but there's no definitive answer as to which is better. It's a matter of personal preference. I've never seen either at a local parts store like Autozone or Advance. You have to order it online. Just do a Google search. They are easy to find online.

·
Registered
192 Posts
I use Renovo waterproofer, have not tried their cleaner. Expensive, being shipped from the UK, but it seems to work. Hope to find a similar domestic product.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Not sure you need a treatment. My car is six years old and I get the roof drenched regular a few times a year in a Texas size down poor. The fabric is always soaked but nothing gets through.
I would recommend to read the reviews on Amazon on the products listed in the posts above. There is quite a diversity on opinions.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts