SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hiya, new today, ive got a 900 se turbo, 1996, sensonic.

Ive read lots on this forum about the sensonic, not much of it good!!! Mine will work when the car is stone cold, as soon as it starts to warm up its as though the clutch is worn. It grates into gear and is very jerky when attempting to drive and the engine check display comes up. My question is, is this a normal way for the sensonic to pack up??

Has anyone ever done the conversion to manual themselves and what does it involve?

Can i just get parts from a scrap yard/breakers and do the job, i am a mechanic?

Will i need to plug in a diagnostic machine afterwards to reset anything and what bits need to be disconnected/removed?

Long post for a first timer but hopefully i will be able to give something back, i am an AA man after all!!!

Thanks guys

·
Registered
10,464 Posts
I can't really tell you how the Sensonic goes out, but look at the Hydraulic Conversion PDF link in Taliaferro Saab's Parts and Service Information page. It details the entire sordid process, which does involve some reprogramming with a dealer's Tech II computer. A good number of the parts are specific to the Sensonic to hydraulic retrofit, so you're not likely to find them at a junkyard. Most of the rest of the parts, like the slave cylinder and master cylinder, should be bought new, but if you can get the hydraulic clutch pedal assembly from a junkyard, that will save you some money. Since you're in England, you might also check with Two Stroke to Turbo. They advertised the conversion on their website the last time I checked.

...one more thing, welcome to Saab Central! :cheesy:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the link, its exactly what ive been looking for.

Anyone able to answer the first question, is this just something worn, needs bleeding or is it time to convert please??

Cheers

1 - 3 of 3 Posts