SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Over the weekend I restored my convertible top with Renovo then sealed it with 303 fabric sealer. The top looks fantastic! The issue I now have is with the overspray of the 303 sealer onto my windows. Windex surely isn’t doing the job. What is the best way to really strip a window, particularly a windshield, clean and clear? I’m open to suggestions. Thanks!

·
Registered
12,355 Posts
When I do the cover on my boat, I immediately wipe off any 303 that got on the glass with a damp shammy.

Here's something from the 303 site:

Over Spray:
When applying the fabric protector product, comply with all label directions, cautions and warnings. Keep a dry absorbent cloth close and a flat piece of cardboard in your off-hand. You can catch most, if not all, of the over spray with the cardboard. Use the cloth to wipe any over spray from adjacent surfaces before it dries. Over spray that isn't wiped away and allowed to dry can leave a white residue. If this happens, use a rag dampened with mineral spirits to remove the residue, followed by rinsing with water. Of course, it is not considered good form to actually treat rubber or vinyl with solvents (petroleum distillates); but un-removed over spray typically evaporates far too fast to damage to these materials. Over spray will not damage paint either, though it can affect your wax job.

... Ron

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
between this and the other thread, i am going to get some renovo dye and 303 sealer and make my top all pretty again. Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
4,510 Posts
i've had overspray on both my paint and glass from 303 (and renovo that i placed in a spray bottle). the rain-x cleaner and protectant has done a handy job of getting it off my glass. however, the top was treated after waxing, so i still have residue from last year. i would definitely think that the process of claybaring, polishing, and waxing the paint this spring will remove that residue among other things.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts