SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got off the phone with the shop that's installing my DP. They said my rear control arm bushings are shot to the point where the arm is hitting the frame. :cry: It was my next project to get the GS 9-3 Control Arm Upgrade Kit but not this soon. How critical is this? I mean how much time do I have? I commute 20 miles each way to work everyday.

·
Registered
127 Posts
nocluetim said:
I just got off the phone with the shop that's installing my DP. They said my rear control arm bushings are shot to the point where the arm is hitting the frame. :cry: It was my next project to get the GS 9-3 Control Arm Upgrade Kit but not this soon. How critical is this? I mean how much time do I have? I commute 20 miles each way to work everyday.
You dont need to rush anything. But i would try to take care of it in the next 2 months or so.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Mine had been shot since i bought my car last febuary, mine had bad balljoints,bushings front and rear. and the rear station arm bushing was toast!

I found some good a-arms and station arms and got a free rear end, chaged out all the bushings and added the spare sway bar, so now I have a double sway bar. :p

Mine lasted a long time, it was only noisey.

Now I have a nice feeling suspention. But I am still trying to find a set of Viggen springs

The rear end was easy to swap only small issue was one of the brake line holders on the drivers side is a close loop holding the brake line, I just cut the side big enough for the brake line to be pulled out, then put it back together using the same clip that is used on the passenger side. I don't know why Saab built there cars like that. one side u can just un bolt, the other u need to undo the brake line and then have to bleed the brakes

·
Registered
21,583 Posts
nine said:
You dont need to rush anything. But i would try to take care of it in the next 2 months or so.
Agree:cheesy:
Any noise? I would think that there would be some - depends on one's hearing acumen and driving style..

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
earthworm said:
Agree:cheesy:
Any noise? I would think that there would be some - depends on one's hearing acumen and driving style..
In the last couple of weeks I've been hearing a rubbing sound. I know, a flag but at first I thought it was some snow and ice stuck up in the wheel well. It's happened before. I've been trying to track it down but it only rubs when I hit a big bump. Guess the mystery has been solved.

Thanks for your replies. I was a bit stressed out there for a minute.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts