SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, i've just bought my first saab, a '02 9-3 3dr HOT Aero. Firstly, im delighted with the way the car drives and looks! However, there is a very annoying issue noise originating from somewhere behind the a/c section low down on the dash.

I've described the problem (over the phone) to someone working in the service dept. of my nearest saab dealer who said it sounds like recircuating/(recirculation?) pump for the ventilation.

I have already checked the other forums that describe a similar problem, however mine seems unique in that it clicks/buzzes CONSTANTLY regardless of whether or not the A/C or recirculation is even on at all. It even continues for about 5-10 mins after the car is switched off and the key removed from the ingition.

Any advice on what it could be or how i could fix it? If it is the recirc. pump, like the dealer suggested, how much should a part cost? He has quoted me €180+VAT+Fitting which seems very steep!

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you in advance!!

·
Registered
167 Posts
Shambles, ditto the above, and good fixes are avail for no cost - had same issue myself now prettymuch resolved exxcept for occassionally.

Whereabouts are you on the island?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts