SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to remove my rear floor rugs from my 1999 Saab 9-5 because water drained from the front floors to the rear floors (no problem removing the front rugs). Not sure how to remove the console. I have removed the driver and passenger seats but cannot figure out how to get at the rear carpets because of the rug material that runs up the side of the console between the two front seats. Cannot seem to find the screws and bolts??? Hope someone can help.

·
Registered
369 Posts
You need to remove the trim around the gear shift, first remove the ash tray and then the switches and you'll see the screws. Then remove the rear panel that contains the rear vents, it pulls up (they may be one screw holding it).

You should now be able to see the screws holding the console in place but you do have to pull back the carpet at the front of the console to expose those screws.

·
Registered
867 Posts
The rear portion of of the console is snapped on, if you pull upward on it it should unsnap.
Its a little surprising how much you have to remove to to get rear carpet out.
Mine was flooded to just above the seat bottoms, it took me about a week to get it all dry.
So yours should only be a short time.
While everything is out, throw your TWICE into a bag of rice. it will pull any moisture away from it.
(If water flowed from front to back it went across and under TWICE)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts