SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I am strongly considering the Saaburu 9-2x Linear.....

My story is that I want a small SUV, and if I go with a 'traditional' mini-SUV, it would most likely be the CR-V

A friend of Mine just got the Subaru Outback GT .. VERY nice, but too wagony for me, and I don't need the turbo....

I was considering the Outback Sport, which is the 9-2x, but a lil cheaper, lil less amenities, and a LOT less style.

I guess I just am here asking for any advice about my possible choice..

I'm also planning on going at the end of the summer, and going to try and get a killer deal..any tips?:)

J
http://www.saabcentral.com/forums/newthread.php?do=newthread&f=28

·
Registered
3 Posts
The killer deals are right now. I doubt GM/Saab will continue the $4500 rebate into the summer. The $1000 GM HotButton deal ends May 31st. If you want a Saab 9-2x, NOW is the time to buy.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh really??? Do tell!! they have a $4500 off MSRP right now?? I'm a noob so please enlightenme, how much you think i can pull outta dealer with a Linear for? any recommened packages?

Thanks for your time :)

-J

·
Registered
3 Posts
I paid $20k even when I bought my Linear (auto nothing else) in November. I believe it had $3500 in rebates. If you keep the options down you should be able to get around $18k or maybe less.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I bought an aero last week (well put a deposite down it hasnt come in yet) and paid just under 20K for a 5spd aero w/ cold package. In general it seems that one can get an aero for the invoice listed at edmunds.com minus 7K. Just wanted to throw in my 2 cents

·
Registered
38 Posts
Getting Cheaper

I'm picking my 05 Aero 5spd, with cold pkg, sport pkg up Friday.
It msrp's at about $31,105. I'm paying $500 over invoice $29,624
minus $8000 incentives, plus Idaho sales tax of 6%. I believe the Subaru is only discounting theirs $1500.
Good luck hunting for a 5 speed in the Aero. Why not get the Turbo for $8000 off the price?
vitch

·
Registered
9 Posts
I had a similar scenario in that I wanted a nice, practical, reliable, AWD car with decent gas mileage. I also considered the Outback sport, but got the linear for pretty much the same price and got the extra standard saab stuff (sound deadening, side airbags, exta warranty, alarm) plus the heated seats, wipers and mirrors for the extra $600...all for $19,500 at the end of December. Most of the subaru stuff you can add yourself (dimming mirror, etc.)

As you've already heard, the deals are better now. It's ridiculous that they're basically giving away a car that does so many things well. I'd definitely recommend it!

·
Registered
11 Posts
my wife has a honda crv...boring car and has high gravity but you have more cargo space
. I craved a stronger engine,style and fun behind the wheels, so i looked for a Linear fully loaded,but a dealer offered me an aero.At first i tought i didnt want it,but the price was cheaper than the linear with all equipment i wanted!!
I did a test drive and was convinced this car was for me.I only have 400km,and the sound of the turbo engine is classsic music to my ears.

I'd say,no matter if you choose linear or aero,but buy soon. Deals wont last.

·
Registered
9 Posts
9-2X Linear is great buy

I got my base Linear with automatic for $18600 before tax and doc fees.
Great car, seat are little small on the back. I got 460 mile on it so far.
getting 24mpg so far. I live in Los Angeles. So u might get even better milage if u don't drive in high traffic like me.

U want speed go for Aero
U want daily driver that save gas and maintance get the Linear.

All SAAB are giving $7000 off MSRP on AERO
and $5500 off on the Linear

1 - 11 of 11 Posts