SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While I've seemed to be able to deal with most electrical Gremlins, this one has puzzled me. Both headlights work, (although the right one needs a good smack every once in a while to function) and both turn signals work, but the left turn signal stays on while the headlights are on while the right one stays off. They both flash fine, I just can't tell if the right one is supposed to be on while the headlights are on, or the left one is supposed to be off. Just looks a bit goofy having them mismatched.

·
Registered
10,282 Posts
Are you talking about the cornering lights inside the fog light housing? 1999 and 2000 models have a second bulb inside the fog light that lights up steadily when the turn signals are on. I suspect most people have no idea they're there and don't replace the bulbs when they burn out.

·
Registered
9,381 Posts
If the parking lights or headlights are on (basically, any lights), then the front turn signals should be on. The bulbs have two filaments, a dim and bright one.

Pull the right hand turn signal lamp and check the bulb. While the bright filament almost always burns out first, the dim one can fail as well. Or maybe there's an issue with the socket. Or maybe someone has wedged in a single-filament bulb in there.

By the way, if you turn on your parking lights, you should see dim light inside each of your headlights as well (and not from the headlight bulbs).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts