SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The clutch on my 2007 9-3 with a stage 1 Maptune on it is slipping at WOT and I am looking to upgrade the clutch to use all the power I have. I have read that the Buick Regal GS has the same F40 six speed transmission but has a clutch/pressure plate that will handle over 300hp no problem.
Before I pull the trigger I was wondering if those in the know could confirm that these are indeed the parts that will fit my car

TThanx in advance!

·
Registered
101 Posts
I purchased this clutch/flywheel combo from them.
Everything works and fit together alright. Two comments.
  • Pedal is harder to push. Which I regret because I really didn't need the extra hold this clutch is capable of and my leg hurts from a recent back injury.
  • Transmission makes a knocking noise in neutral which goes mostly away when the clutch is depressed. I assume this is related to this clutch, but I have also read that the F40 transmission is notorious for this. The knock can be pretty awful when its cold out. Wife wants me to sell the car.
I tried to log everything in this thread for reference. Unfortunately, some of the photos were removed.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I purchased this clutch/flywheel combo from them.
Everything works and fit together alright. Two comments.
  • Pedal is harder to push. Which I regret because I really didn't need the extra hold this clutch is capable of and my leg hurts from a recent back injury.
  • Transmission makes a knocking noise in neutral which goes mostly away when the clutch is depressed. I assume this is related to this clutch, but I have also read that the F40 transmission is notorious for this. The knock can be pretty awful when its cold out. Wife wants me to sell the car.
I tried to log everything in this thread for reference. Unfortunately, some of the photos were removed.
Thanx for the responses! Just to clarify, your transmission was not making the knocking noise you mentioned before you installed this clutch kit and then started after the install?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Might want to pay a little extra to get the kit that includes the new dual-mass flywheel.
Gotcha thanx. The car has 78,000 miles on it and drives perfectly besides the slipping under high load. You think a new DMF is necessary?

·
Registered
503 Posts
Gotcha thanx. The car has 78,000 miles on it and drives perfectly besides the slipping under high load. You think a new DMF is necessary?
The Buick clutch is a larger diameter and I think (been a while since I installed mine) it won't work with the SAAB flywheel. So, yes.

·
Registered
503 Posts
I don't know if it matters, but I used the Buick slave cylinder. Qwikredline wrote a post with an excellent explanation of the bleeding procedure. I'd search for it and follow it to the letter if I was you. (y)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts