SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, any of you get a build up of condensation inside the oil dipstick tube......everytime i check my oil when i pull out the dipstick its filled with this condensation white milky residue........its cold up here so im thinking its just the weather causing this and not a blown headgasket......any things i should worry about because of this..??

·
Registered
21,583 Posts
This is easy to diagnose; simply open the hood once a week and keep tabs on the coolant level . If this drops and the Orings and hoses are good....the coolant is going someplace...it does not readily evaporate..

Is this vehicle given her regular exercise ???.. a 15 mile trip every so often... this causes the moisture to boil off.
If not, and the coolant level is stable, then more frequent oil changes are in order, the condensation must go....
And, is the thermostat good ?? ; the engine should be warm within 4 minutes, hot within 6 or so...

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yea shes given her regular excersize......and the coolant is stable....what do you think it is??? it warms up in about 4 minutes that sounds about right so thats not a problem

1 - 3 of 3 Posts