SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to fix the AC since it's getting hot

Heat & interior fans work

Compressor wouldn't turn on, so I tried jumping the relay and it turned on. Switched the relay with a working one and still wouldn't turn on. Checked the fuse for AC / Alarm under the hood, good, checked the ACC fuse in the dash, good

Anything else obvious that I am missing?

·
Registered
8,800 Posts
First check refrigerant. If it is OK, then:
Check fuse 14 in dash fuse box. Also check if you have battery voltage to fuse.
If it is OK, check if you have battery voltage in AC relay pin 86.
If you find battery voltage (when car is idling and AC is ON), you have either bad Trionic or wire between AC relay pin 85 and Trionic pin 4.
Remember that AC wire goes thru connector H42-5 pin 14.
H42-5 is located center of bulkhead (under cover).

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah the refrigerant was low. I figured the compressor would still spin. It was at 0 PSI. Charged it to 35. Dropped back down to 0 in about 10 seconds

:(

This is a major leak somewhere, obviously, right?

·
Registered
12 Posts
AFTER you disconnected the hose, THEN you had about ten seconds before it went to zero?

if so, then yes, it seems like a large leak in the system.

BUT if it dropped to zero PSI while you still had the charging hose connected, maybe that hose was bad. that happened to me. the hose that came with the refrigerant either had a hole or did not connect perfectly to the port. when i charged the system again with my own hose, it worked properly.

if your system has a leak large enough for it to empty itself in ten seconds, you might have been able to see and hear it leaking and notice where it was. even afterwards, you might find an area that looks all wet/shiny around and a/c line, especially where metal meets rubber or where lines go into the condenser or other parts.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm inclined to believe it's in good condition because I recharged my other car just fine

I had a quick look to see if I saw anything that caught my eye and found nothing. Maybe I'll look at a diagram and try again. Maybe it's something silicone tape can fix :cool:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts