SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had my 1998 9-5 2.3 lpt converted to lpg 12 months ago.

Started cutting out and not restarting after about 6 months and ended up replacing the crank sensor and throttle body.

Its just started cutting out again.

Is this likely to be an issue with the lpg conversion? or just a typical fault?

The replacement throttle body was a s/h unit.

Planning to clean the t/b this weekend and see how things go.

James (staffs UK)

·
Registered
11,030 Posts
Can't remember last time we had an lpg converted 9-5 on here so can't be much help whether its the conversion at fault. Throttle bodies are known to go on earler models so a used TB could just as easily be at fault. You can get remanufactured ones at quite reasonable prices though. :cool:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cleaned up the throttle body today using the guidance elsewhere on this site.

Car is much more responsive.

Fingers crossed thats done the trick.

Other than this (which may be nothing to do with the lpg anyway) the conversion has been a great investment circa 10p a mile on fuel

·
Premium Member
12,576 Posts
I am looking at all 9-5 lpg threads with interest; we are seriously considering it with ours as we are really thinking it's a keeper so why not? I like the idea of a 9-5 wagon as cheap to run per mile as a Ford Focus diesel.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ragtopcav said:
I am looking at all 9-5 lpg threads with interest; we are seriously considering it with ours as we are really thinking it's a keeper so why not? I like the idea of a 9-5 wagon as cheap to run per mile as a Ford Focus diesel.
I had my conversion done by LPG Autos on the A5 just off J12 of the M6. Chap there does quite a few Saabs so knows what he is doing.

He also sells converted cars including quite a few Saabs.

LPG Autos
Stretton Garage
A5 Watling Street
Brewood
Staffordshire ST19 9LN
Tel: 01902 851555 / 07989 988060

About 45mins to 1 hr from Coventry on a clear day

circa. £1800 to convert. on 15000 miles / yr I reckon less than 18 months to get into profit.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts