SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Jeremy R. said:
For what? There are tons of different size hoses in the engine bay.
:D

okay, I have pictures.

Two things.....one being: What is the hose circled in the first three pictures for? Where can I get a replacement? The hose had a hard plastic inner tube when I removed it because it was cracked. I just used bendable vacuum line?

Secondly, in the last picture: Where can I find a replacement Y (circled in blue)? What does that component do? Slightly to the left you can see an open/unattached nozzle, where does it go?

Attachments

·
Registered
346 Posts
JoshuaTSP said:
:D

okay, I have pictures.

Two things.....one being: What is the hose circled in the first three pictures for? Where can I get a replacement? The hose had a hard plastic inner tube when I removed it because it was cracked. I just used bendable vacuum line?

Secondly, in the last picture: Where can I find a replacement Y (circled in blue)? What does that component do? Slightly to the left you can see an open/unattached nozzle, where does it go?
it is for your oil.(oil breather i think) anyway both parts can be bought on www.partsforsaabs.com or the direct link is http://www.partsforsaabs.com/product_info.php?products_id=3167

if this pipe is all soft in the middle (where the plastic is not there) then u have a major chance of getting 'sluggy' oil. the price on that site is this is for the full kit

PFS Price: £42.36
US $73.72

hope this helps

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
TheGodSon93 said:
it is for your oil.(oil breather i think) anyway both parts can be bought on www.partsforsaabs.com or the direct link is http://www.partsforsaabs.com/product_info.php?products_id=3167
if this pipe is all soft in the middle (where the plastic is not there) then u have a major chance of getting 'sluggy' oil. the price on that site is this is for the full kit

PFS Price: £42.36
US $73.72
hope this helps
:eek:

I'm not exactly sure what that kit is? Are we talking about the hose for the DI or the hose that's near the passenger side wheel well?
The larger hose is perfectly fine, so I wouldn't need the whole kit.

I can't just buy the single Y nozzle thing?

·
Registered
803 Posts
JoshuaTSP said:
Now I know! :D Thanks.
The only reason I knew is because I was standing in your shoes a year ago. Yup, I busted mine too. :lol: :cheesy:

Edit: You might as well replace the grommet in the valve cover too. Link
It's an inexpensive part. Just be careful removing the old one. Mine spit and wanted to leave part of it inside the valve cover. Lucky for me I have Kung Fu like reflexes and caught it before it fell in.

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
So it was the PCV valve afterall. That was my initial guess in your previosu thread(or earlier)
Make SURE that you install the check valve correctly after fitting the new PCV. it is a one way valve that goes toward the TB. If you install it backwards you can pressureize the crankcase and that can be a very bad thing!

The first hose you listed(off the back ot the TB) goes to your purge valve. If you dont get that repaired, you might get a CEL. This hose is more like a fuel line type of hose.

Typical hose diameter for the rest of the hoses is 4mm but it is suggested to go 3.5mm for a snug fit especially if you go silicon tubing.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
nocluetim said:
The only reason I knew is because I was standing in your shoes a year ago. Yup, I busted mine too. :lol: :cheesy:

Edit: You might as well replace the grommet in the valve cover too. Link
It's an inexpensive part. Just be careful removing the old one. Mine spit and wanted to leave part of it inside the valve cover. Lucky for me I have Kung Fu like reflexes and caught it before it fell in.
My grommet seems okay. The PCV nipple was fine too, until I tried to mess around with it.;oops:

I'm now questioning if the crankcase vent hose is supposed to be as loose as mine it?
http://www.eeuroparts.com/productdetail.aspx?searchResults=1&code=6305
The only reason I messed with it in the first place is because it was kind of grimy with oil.

·
Registered
803 Posts
JoshuaTSP said:
I'm now questioning if the crankcase vent hose is supposed to be as loose as mine it?
http://www.eeuroparts.com/productdetail.aspx?searchResults=1&code=6305
The only reason I messed with it in the first place is because it was kind of grimy with oil.
Mine is new, well as of last year and it is very easy to move around. I've thought about adding hose clamps but haven't got around to that yet. It doesn't seem to affect it in any way.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
SPATL said:
So it was the PCV valve afterall. That was my initial guess in your previosu thread(or earlier)
Make SURE that you install the check valve correctly after fitting the new PCV. it is a one way valve that goes toward the TB. If you install it backwards you can pressureize the crankcase and that can be a very bad thing!

The first hose you listed(off the back ot the TB) goes to your purge valve. If you dont get that repaired, you might get a CEL. This hose is more like a fuel line type of hose.

Typical hose diameter for the rest of the hoses is 4mm but it is suggested to go 3.5mm for a snug fit especially if you go silicon tubing.
Why do I need to replace the valve?
I planned on just replacing the nipple and the hose the the valve?

I repaired the purge valve hose last night. I used regular vacuum line from a local parts store, even though the one I took off had a plastic formed tube with regular hose around it.

Thanks!

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
nocluetim said:
Mine is new, well as of last year and it is very easy to move around. I've thought about adding hose clamps but haven't got around to that yet. It doesn't seem to affect it in any way.
Yeah, I wonder if I should add clamps since I'll be digging around in there anyway?

·
Registered
803 Posts
JoshuaTSP said:
Yeah, I wonder if I should add clamps since I'll be digging around in there anyway?
It is just a vent in all reality. In race situations people do away with that part completely and vent the crank case to the atmosphere.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
nocluetim said:
It is just a vent in all reality. In race situations people do away with that part completely and vent the crank case to the atmosphere.
Meh......forget it then.......;)

My next thing is to find two more bolts for my DIC. Apparently a while back two of them fell out. :eek: ...and the other two were loose.......I tightened them and they haven't budged.

·
Registered
21,583 Posts
No need to necessarily replace the PCV valve; but it is very fragile; so I cut the old line from it rather than pull and yank.

The valve can be checked using a hand vacuum pump, I have another ,faster way...hasn't killed me yet.:cheesy:

Use short sections of copper and oil resistant hose.. this technique saved me about $30 or more with just one VW overpriced coolant hose.
Generally Saab hoses are reasonable... at eEuro parts anyway...

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
earthworm said:
No need to necessarily replace the PCV valve; but it is very fragile; so I cut the old line from it rather than pull and yank.

The valve can be checked using a hand vacuum pump, I have another ,faster way...hasn't killed me yet.:cheesy:
Agreed. The nipple not the check valve. Sorry, wrong terminology.

Yeah, hasn't killed me either but doesn't taste all that good does it?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts