SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've noticed that in the SID and the trip odometer the comma is used instead of the decimal point. Even when the units are set to US and the language set to US English.

For example, the trip odometer reads 228,5 instead of 228.5

If I've gotten 35 and 1/2 miles per gallon, the SID reads 35,5 instead of 35.5

Has anyone else noticed this? In Europe the comma is used where we in the USA would use a decimal point (and vice-versa) so that explains why it's doing that, but I would have thought that setting the units to US and the language to US English would make it use a decimal point (instead of a comma) as is standard in the USA.

Not that it's a big deal either way, but I haven't seen any other posts about this so I'm wondering how many people have noticed it.

·
Registered
731 Posts
Europeans always do it better ;) I actually like it that way.... decimals are played out, we need a comma here and there :)

G

·
I never really noticed this (originally from Europe) but gosh darnit, now it's going to bother me every time!! Thanks!! ;)

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
brianl703 said:
I've noticed that in the SID and the trip odometer the comma is used instead of the decimal point. Even when the units are set to US and the language set to US English.

For example, the trip odometer reads 228,5 instead of 228.5

If I've gotten 35 and 1/2 miles per gallon, the SID reads 35,5 instead of 35.5

Has anyone else noticed this? In Europe the comma is used where we in the USA would use a decimal point (and vice-versa) so that explains why it's doing that, but I would have thought that setting the units to US and the language to US English would make it use a decimal point (instead of a comma) as is standard in the USA.

Not that it's a big deal either way, but I haven't seen any other posts about this so I'm wondering how many people have noticed it.
Yes, it's just a European thing. Not sure why it doesn't change with the different units settings (we also use decimal points instead of commas in the UK, but still get the comma with the UK units and UK English setting) but they are all the same...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts