SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wow! It used to seem like SAAB wanted my inside front tire to spin coming out of corners. Now I actually have to mash the throttle pretty good to do that.

I was concerned about oversteer problems/onstreet driveability with the 22mm GenuineSaab piece, but it hasnt surprised me in that area yet. It's probably good to beware carrying too much speed into a corner though. However, flatness in corners is MUCH improved. I am quite happy with the result. Especially on all the really tight U-turns type corners out here, I appreciate not understeering and looking like I'm trying to autocross Mom's Corolla.

Thanks everyone for raving about them so much!

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
isnt it great! i still get third gear wheelspin sometimes though around fast bends:cheesy: but it feels much tighter. its a great improvement, and the first thing i did, when it was like 4 degrees out. good to hear you like it too

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
you r worried about oversteer??!!!! I have a 25mm bar it is awesome i cant wait to put my 17" rims on there and oversteer... woohoo

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, Oversteer is great on a track, as long as you can control it, but oversteer on public roads is pretty dangerous even if you can control it. Hanging the tail out with an oncoming car, or a cyclist in your lane, is less than safe.

Now, if I had easy access to a racetrack, I might consider buying the bigger one for track days. It's not hard to install at all, so an easy thing to change for stuff like that.
I can still get the inside tire to spin coming out of tight cornerrs. Still havent hit a corner in the dry when I can bang through it in third gear and check. Stupid Nor'Easter.

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
I seriously think something is wrong with my bar. Yesterday I was on a highway on ramp in 4th. I was at about 65 really cranking and I got the inside wheel to spin. I couldn't hear it but I could tell from my tach. So yeah this is extreme, but I can get 3rd to go real easy when I turn. Maybe I'll try swapping at the dyno day with somebody to see how they compare? Or maybe I just drive too fast.... :roll:

·
Registered
483 Posts
I love my 25mm bar, its amazing that 3mm can make such a huge difference. I just cant wait to get my 24mm front bar, and complete poly bushings. The front end just seems to dip a little to much for my taste. However its amazing that i can get on the power through turns, and it just pulls me right through, i hardly ever get understeer as long as i am smart about where in the turn to apply the power and not give it to much power to keep the front tires from spinning.

This is where a nice smooth application of the throttle really helps

·
Registered
9,423 Posts
I merely have the doublestack (clamped of course) and I love the difference. I tried a favorite curve today for the first time since clamping and I was able to go about 10 mph faster before feeling the slightest understeer.

I can't imagine what the 25 mm feels like. I agree about the front, though. Same on mine-needs a bit more stiffening...:confused:

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
stromer said:
I seriously think something is wrong with my bar. Yesterday I was on a highway on ramp in 4th. I was at about 65 really cranking and I got the inside wheel to spin. I couldn't hear it but I could tell from my tach. So yeah this is extreme, but I can get 3rd to go real easy when I turn. Maybe I'll try swapping at the dyno day with somebody to see how they compare? Or maybe I just drive too fast.... :roll:
4th at 65? Maybe you need a new clutch... or tires...

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
Clutch is only 20k miles old....tires are 5k old... the car isn't stock though, maybe I should have mentioned that.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts