SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't have the comfort package open/close feature. As I understand it, I'd need a completely different ECU to enable it. Has anyone added this feature aftermarket? For clarity, I'm referring mostly to activating the convertible top using the aux button on the key fob.

·
Registered
5,470 Posts
No new ECU needed. You need someone who has a Tech2 or get one yourself. You also should have pinch protection on the windows iirc.

http://www.saabcentral.com/forums/search.php?searchid=14219201

Check the Tech2 sub forum

Also there is no way to get comfort close to work on the top itself... Unfortunately

·
Registered
4,300 Posts
Being that u have an Aero, u should have auto up/down anti-pinch Windows already. If u do, it's basically a simple TECH2 change. But coming from someone who had an '04 without it, and an '08 with it. It's a very overrated feature.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
I've seen it happen. But I think it might be one of the things that was completely disabled in the American market. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZppXvavKr6I
I think you're right. Mine for whatever reason, only does my driver's side window. A dealer mechanic informed me it was because of how Sue happy America is they(Saab) didn't want any liability of somehow something far out and stupid happening with their system. For example, some idiot uses comfort close and the punch protection fails and they hurt themselves. The examples they gave were extremely stupid. But low and behold, there are a surplus of idiots.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
322 Posts
Mine is an 04, US model. It works on mine. Hold the unlock button down on the fob, and in a few seconds the windows start to open. Keep holding the button and the windows go all the way down. Keep holding the button on the top will retract.

Takes a good 30 seconds of constant button holding, but it does work on mine.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts