SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
31,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read this in the manual and can't understand it. How do I know if mine is set to CC ? I suspect it is at the moment, since my sunroof tilt-opens only about 1", and that sounds like what the manual is saying where if the CC setting is on, the sunroof opens less.

Can CC be de-activated permanently ? How ?

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
I read this in the manual and can't understand it. How do I know if mine is set to CC ? I suspect it is at the moment, since my sunroof tilt-opens only about 1", and that sounds like what the manual is saying where if the CC setting is on, the sunroof opens less.

Can CC be de-activated permanently ? How ?
Easy thing first. No it cannot be de-activated permanently. If you hold the buttons down, then up, then down again, they will reset and become active again (think replacing battery, the function has to be reset).

Now, do you have them or not? If you have comfort close, you have comfort open by default (unless you're a cabrio, in which case you do not have close). The easy way to know is press and hold the open button on your remote for 10 seconds, during which the windows will roll down. If it doesnt do it, perform reset procedure above.

The other way of knowing is if you have express up/down windows. In order to have CC/CO you must have express up/down windows, its a different motor and servo as well as regulators than the regular windows.

hope this helps, if not, ignore the post.

·
Premium Member
31,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Easy thing first. No it cannot be de-activated permanently. If you hold the buttons down, then up, then down again, they will reset and become active again (think replacing battery, the function has to be reset).
Hold which buttons ? On FOB or on door ?

Now, do you have them or not? If you have comfort close, you have comfort open by default (unless you're a cabrio, in which case you do not have close). The easy way to know is press and hold the open button on your remote for 10 seconds, during which the windows will roll down. If it doesnt do it, perform reset procedure above.
I'll do that when I get the chance. So holding the FOB "unlock" button for 10 seconds will activate CC ?

The other way of knowing is if you have express up/down windows. In order to have CC/CO you must have express up/down windows, its a different motor and servo as well as regulators than the regular windows.
Yes, I have express up/down front windows.

Thanks for your response.

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
Hold which buttons ? On FOB or on door ?
fob, its all done thru the key (open button)

I'll do that when I get the chance. So holding the FOB "unlock" button for 10 seconds will activate CC ?
Yes, pinch protection must also be active, that is, you roll up the window, stick your head in (or hand... it also works :p ) and the window should roll down, if not, you need to calibrate it

Yes, I have express up/down front windows.
good, chances are you have it then

Thanks for your response.

No problemo, if you have express/up down windows, and you have pinch protection calibrated (working) and you hold the open button on your fob, and nothing happens, then its probably not programmed in tech2, in which case, dealer...

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
I just found out my car has the open feature, thats awesome!:cheesy:

Is there any way to close them - like holding the door lock option also?

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
has to be tech2, last release to have that was 144.1, anything newer youre SOL.

Since you're an earlier model SS, any indy should be able to if they have TIS access

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
has to be tech2, last release to have that was 144.1, anything newer youre SOL.

Since you're an earlier model SS, any indy should be able to if they have TIS access
Thanks for the info. I'm getting mine looked at this weekend and will see what they can do then.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts