SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi All!

I come to your forum as a fellow automotive enthusiast with 20+ years in the Nissan 300ZX Twin-Turbo platform. I have been working on the development of a boost controller that integrates features such as boost per gear, traction control, and knock detection feedback as well. I have recently begun research on the Delphi ionization sensing strategy which has led me to this moment, here. :)

One big limitation with the Nissan ECU architecture is mainly rooted in the antiquated processing capabilities of a 3Mhz processing system which places a bottleneck on knock detection above 4500RPM... In the revs where knock is really most likely to occur.

I have a few videos up showing different stages of the development of this EBC system..

... and the latest showing the application of Empirical Mode Decomposition to process knock sensor information:

I came across a series of threads over on the RUSEFI website where the guys over there essentially reverse-engineered the ignition system within the 9-3 2.0T models. There are other resources detailing additional specifics on these ignition systems that in all, very well define an approach to refit this Saab system for my application as well as for many others.

I am currently seeking to get my hands on these modular components used in the 9-3, specifically the 2005+ system as the CDM unit (55352173) has a digital output signal for knock detection - Ive posted a WTB ad over in the classys.. :)

What are you guys using for boost control in these vehicles? Do these vehicles come with a traction control system as well? I would very much like to contribute to this community as well through my endeavors!

I appreciate the time and look forward to your responses!

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
The ECU is responsible for boost control, and yes almost all of the cars came with traction control .

1 - 3 of 3 Posts