SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,
My car is a dark blue 9-5. I drive very defensively so no one has hit my car while I'm in it. Yet...

I've had it about 6 months and it has been hit 4 significant times while not moving, 3 times no one was in it. I park intelligently too.

They are all about $1000 - $2000 damage. (door a bit mushed, bumper a bit mushed, bumper mushed again after fixed, and wheel well mushed.

(I'm not pointing out scratches, etc... and there have been enough)

Thanks for the feedback.
I'm trying to determine (or prove through numbers) that dark or beige colored cars are hit more.

DaveH :)

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
I have a black 9-5 that had a rear bumper hit while parked by a neighbor. $580 her insurance covered. Also two passenger side door dings (actually creases) while parked which I had a paintless dent repair guy fix to perfection for $80.

I don't think color had anything to do with it, but who knows.

EDIT: Have had car 5 months.

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
I get hit...............upon every day :eek:

Boyish good looks, sunning car, its just gonna happen :roll:

·
Registered
193 Posts
BLACK........the only colour a saab should be :cheesy:

Neighbour reversed out of her driveway into my 9-5 parked behind her, across the road.

Slightly dented in the leading edge of the drivers side (UK) rear wheel arch.
Her rear bumper was well crumped on her Ford Focus :lol:

She's moved now :cheesy:

Someone where I work slid on snow in the car park into the front bumper as well which then had to be painted.

I had a bright metallic orange Fiat X1/9 once :cool: and somebody ran straight into the back of that at speed, when I was stopped at traffic lights.

So I don't think its the colour of your car......it's the numpty behind the wheel of the car that hits you thats to blame.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Well my old maxima I had for a year was silver and got hit by a lady who ran a stop sign and totaled it :evil:. My Sage (light green) saab has yet to be hit but I have had alot of close calls i think the daytime running lights help. that lime yellow color looks like the way to go lol

·
Registered
199 Posts
Paul Harris said:
BLACK........the only colour a saab should be :cheesy:

I had a bright metallic orange Fiat X1/9 once :cool: and somebody ran straight into the back of that at speed, when I was stopped at traffic lights.
Agreed on the black.

Secondly, you had an accident in an X1/9 and didn't suffer a serious injury?!?! the crumple zones in that are the engine block, your knees and the side of your head....

On the OPs point, i have a black one. Been dinged front and rear bars a little bit but not enough to warrant respray or anything and a ding on my front well arch that im going to get the paintless ding repairer person to fix for me!

·
Registered
193 Posts
Slightly off topic.........

AdrianB said:
you had an accident in an X1/9 and didn't suffer a serious injury?!?! the crumple zones in that are the engine block, your knees and the side of your head....
AdrianB

Iv'e had 3 Fiat X1/9's when I was a teenager :cool: (always wanted a Lancia Montecarlo though !)

You have to remember that those X1/9's were designed and built to withstand a proposed US 70mph rollover test and stay intact :eek: , in the 1970's.

They had a removable targa top so the floorpan got its strength through the sills.The early cars had quarter bumbers with overiders (fenders) which were bolted directly through to the chassis, so when the guy ran into me at the traffic lights he totaled the front of his car and just pushed me up the road a bit.
I got out and brushed the bits of his car off my rear bumpers looked back at his very bent wreck and burst out laughing....then got him an ambulance. his car went on the back of a tow truck. I checked mine out and carried on.

I love Italian cars ........but not the rust or the electrics :cheesy:

Attachments

·
Registered
199 Posts
I've always been tempted to get one and in Oz if you get one thats lived inland for its life rust isn't a problem.... also my old man can spray paint very well so it's not like i couldn't cut the rust out and respray it.

Electrics are an issue but was tempted to rewire the dash and maybe swap in a 4AGZE into one! Now that'd be awesome...

Monte carlo would have been sweet... i always wanted an old maseratti 430i....

Ahh to dream :D

Anyway, thats quite offtopic!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
CODE said:
Hello all,
My car is a dark blue 9-5. I drive very defensively so no one has hit my car while I'm in it. Yet...

I've had it about 6 months and it has been hit 4 significant times while not moving, 3 times no one was in it. I park intelligently too.

They are all about $1000 - $2000 damage. (door a bit mushed, bumper a bit mushed, bumper mushed again after fixed, and wheel well mushed.

(I'm not pointing out scratches, etc... and there have been enough)

Thanks for the feedback.
I'm trying to determine (or prove through numbers) that dark or beige colored cars are hit more.

DaveH :)
*crosses fingers*
i have a dark blue 9-5 and haven't been hit yet. i have to park it on the street. maybe all the white bird crap makes it obvious for passing drivers ;oops:

·
Registered
53 Posts
Black car here. Um, havent been hit though I have had the Saab for only about 2 months so. I've never had any accidents in any previous vehicles heh. Unless you count retarted stuff in the old high school parking lot 6 years ago when everybody is learnig to drive. I drive very defensively as well. Lucky I suppose.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts