SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 9000 is silver I'm trying to find the right shade of silver gray whatever you want to call this color silver (couldn't figure out how to grab pics from my folder) Does anyone know what color code this is trying to paint all black part on my car same color as car please help

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I checked there I don't have one I looked through the other doors too seems to me the person removed it

·
Registered
658 Posts
with a paint code you can go to any body shop and they can mix a small amout for you (you go by any and it's broken into a % of each color)..but keep in mind the paint has faded some over the years

·
Registered
658 Posts
stop at a local parts store they have this "thing" (i'll look into a name) but you pour the pre-mixed paint into a small jar (think baby food jar) and on top there is an aerosole top that screws on and you can apply like spray paint ...it comes as a complete kit maybe ask the body shop on the name it's around $10-15...again i'll see if i can round up a name (check out pep boys-advanced-whatever)

·
Registered
364 Posts
Looks to me that is code 227 (Metallic Citrin Beige), not Silver, my car is a 93 and is also mistaken for Silver at some garages. Also, judging from the pic, it is the same colour as mine. Check out the gallery page, you will find my car pic there (Page 1), under demonking.
One more thing, I have the car brochure, and manual, for the cars Saab built between 90 and 93, and they have put a colour chart at the back, the next colour match would be Platana Grey (Code 228), but Silver is not listed. I can't see the colours differing outside the UK, but I might be wrong.:confused:

Hope this helps!:D

·
Registered
936 Posts
also i could swear the color code is driver side rear door, where the tire load sticker is...could be wrong, and i sold my 9000 so i cant go check for you :(

·
Registered
987 Posts
vnv727 said:
also i could swear the color code is driver side rear door, where the tire load sticker is...could be wrong, and i sold my 9000 so i cant go check for you :(
I just checked mine, it is as you say, driver rear door sill. Code 227 on mine, Citrin Beige according to the touch-up kit that was in the spare tire well when I got the car.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts