SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Those of us who are running a tune package on the 9-3SS, can you recommend a plug that is one step colder than the factory PFR6T-10G NGK's? I know that with NGK plugs the first digit in the part number denotes heat range so I would in theory need a PFR7T-10G, but I'm having trouble finding something in the NGK brand that meets the specs for this plug.

The reason for asking this is, recently during a routine maintnance check, I checked the condition of the factory plugs I put in a year ago. The plugs are are in great shape other than the fact that the electrode ends are a nice white color when they should be and amber color. The color of the plugs after one year of use is indicating that they are running on the hot side of the spark range. In normal NA applications this would be acceptable, but, for forced induction this could lead to issues further down the road, especially since I have a light stumble on idle at the moment.

Oh and if any one is curious, My Arc has a BSR stage 1 tune and complete BSR exhaust from the turbo to the rear bumper.

Thanks! :cheesy:

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
I am running bcpr7es-11 They are just a standard plug and not a "laser platinum" plug so they need changed more often. But I use it as a reason to get in there and see how my car is running anyway, and they are an easy swap to new ones so I dont see it as an issue.

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
I'm stg 2 maptuner and asked the guys at NGK when I was buying what I should run for the next colder plug, they recommended an iridium plug NGK BKR7EIX Stock #2667. I've been running them for about 6000 miles without any issue.

·
Registered
568 Posts
NGK BCPR7ES gapped to 0.9mm for tuned 2.0 engines. You should expect to pay about $5 each at your local parts counter, cheaper on amazon, etc. As mentioned above they will need to be changed at shorter intervals compared to iridium plugs.

·
Registered
6,332 Posts
if you can pick up the iridums they will lastttt wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy longer they are a bit more expensive but ive had some and they have already outlasted the past two sets of bcpr7es's i have had.

btw if your tuned i would suggest .8 to .9 depending on your altitude.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I'm stg 2 maptuner and asked the guys at NGK when I was buying what I should run for the next colder plug, they recommended an iridium plug NGK BKR7EIX Stock #2667. I've been running them for about 6000 miles without any issue.
At what gap do you have them set up?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts