SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody else have the problem (or fix) to their car not warming properly?

Whenever it is cold out (60* or less) the car will not go far into the normal range, meaning the ACC don't warm the car too well.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,876 Posts
TROLLhattenschatten said:
Does anybody else have the problem (or fix) to their car not warming properly?

Whenever it is cold out (60* or less) the car will not go far into the normal range, meaning the ACC don't warm the car too well.
Hey, man. Long time no see :cheesy:
Did you ever put stop leak in your cooling system? If you did, you know now the result of using that stuff in there.

Other possible causes are a

-- Low level of coolant.
-- Improper mix ratio of coolant to water.
-- Missing, half stuck or fully open thermostat.
-- bad overflow cover cap
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hkayssi said:
-- Low level of coolant. No...it's full
-- Improper mix ratio of coolant to water. 50/50% mix
-- Missing, half stuck or fully open thermostat. not shure on this...don't have a garage to even check this anymore...
-- bad overflow cover cap ? it goes on tight...can the seal go bad?
Hey man i missed you!
how have you been??

Still never fixed the damn hood :lol:

Actualy...i want to explain more.

If i am at a light or driving slllow the car will heat up, but once i get past 40 the car cools down quick...

and no i never put that stop-leak in...my better side told me not to.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,129 Posts
TROLLhattenschatten said:
Hey man i missed you!
how have you been??

Still never fixed the damn hood :lol:

Actualy...i want to explain more.

If i am at a light or driving slllow the car will heat up, but once i get past 40 the car cools down quick...

and no i never put that stop-leak in...my better side told me not to.
Sounds like your thermostat is stuck open. When you get the engine revving it circulates coolant and then never shuts to allow it to maintain operating temperaure. This can also cause the car to get poor gas mileage as the engine goes into closed-loop mode. Does the temp gauge drop as well?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
21,583 Posts
TROLLhattenschatten said:
Does anybody else have the problem (or fix) to their car not warming properly? Yes, with many of the cars I have owned - I watch the temperature gauge, if the warm up time is more than 5 minutes or she over/under heats, then the time has come.

Whenever it is cold out (60* or less) the car will not go far into the normal range, meaning the ACC don't warm the car too well.
An obvious need for the every three years cooling system service.
This is fresh coolant and a new thermostat. Many thermostats will last longer than that, but after 3, a man is on borrowed time..
Every nine years, it is supposed to be new hoses as well as the coolant and t-stat, but the hoses last longer now than ever..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,293 Posts
earthworm said:
This is fresh coolant and a new thermostat. Many thermostats will last longer than that, but after 3, a man is on borrowed time...
Agreed. In theory our thermostat should last longer, and I think my first one did. I replaced the second one a couple years ago, so that one did not last any more than 4 years, not 100% sure. It is a cheap part, and easy to replace when you have to drain and flush the system anyway, unless you wait until winter.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,876 Posts
TROLLhattenschatten said:
Hey man i missed you!
how have you been??

Still never fixed the damn hood :lol:

Actualy...i want to explain more.

If i am at a light or driving slllow the car will heat up, but once i get past 40 the car cools down quick...

and no i never put that stop-leak in...my better side told me not to.
Been good and very busy. Had a baby a couple of months ago :cheesy:

Replace the thremostat :cheesy: Lucky you, it's a cheap item to replace.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
21,583 Posts
Congrats on your baby ,Trollhatten:cheesy:

Name ?

But now there will be less on the mechanical baby and more on the human(the most important thing in our lives)...still $20 or so for the stat and I reuse the old coolant, just add a booster and or some anti-rust....works for me.....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well the coolant can't be that old...the PO replaced the radiator just before i bought the car.

and that wasn't even a year ago...

i will change the thermostat ;)


CONGRATS HKAYSSI!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,876 Posts
TROLLhattenschatten said:
Well the coolant can't be that old...the PO replaced the radiator just before i bought the car.

and that wasn't even a year ago...

i will change the thermostat ;)


CONGRATS HKAYSSI!
Thanks guys :D
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Top