SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

Have this ticking noise on cold start up which eventually goes away after the car has been driven and is warm for about 15 minutes.

Let me know what you think, the video should cover it!
Cheers

·
Super Moderator
2,906 Posts
Couple of noises going on there. Squeak is coming from a belt / idler pulley. Sounds like you may have a leak coming from your exhaust manifold? Broken studs are common. Lastly you could pull the timing chain tensioner and see if the chain / guides are worn. I would remove the belt (not too tough) and restart cold. See if the issue is still there. Also remove the heatshield on the exhaust manifold and look for some carbon marks, most common broken stud is behind the power steering pump.
Tom

Also - Just noticed you're running a T5 DIC on a T7 system (red block over the spark plugs). They don't tend to play nicely. Certainly not your noise but something you should address.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Couple of noises going on there. Squeak is coming from a belt / idler pulley. Sounds like you may have a leak coming from your exhaust manifold? Broken studs are common. Lastly you could pull the timing chain tensioner and see if the chain / guides are worn. I would remove the belt (not too tough) and restart cold. See if the issue is still there. Also remove the heatshield on the exhaust manifold and look for some carbon marks, most common broken stud is behind the power steering pump.
Tom

Also - Just noticed you're running a T5 DIC on a T7 system (red block over the spark plugs). They don't tend to play nicely. Certainly not your noise but something you should address.
Awesome thanks alot Tom!
Car goes to the mechanic tomorrow will discuss this issue for sure!
Re: the DIC was painted Red by my Mechanic as a prank it's all the T7 system.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts