SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just entered the Saab world. I just bought a 900 turbo for 750 bucks. Previously a VW guy. But anyways when i bought the car the guy said he thought it had a fuel pump problem but it worked fine for a few days and if you floor it or go under a load it does not struggle at all. However i have notice it stumbles a tad coming up to a stop. Now when it is cold it will not start i feel like this is a pressure regulator issue please correct me if you feel differently. Is it command they go out?

·
Registered
3,526 Posts
Krautkid said:
I have just entered the Saab world. I just bought a 900 turbo for 750 bucks. Previously a VW guy. But anyways when i bought the car the guy said he thought it had a fuel pump problem but it worked fine for a few days and if you floor it or go under a load it does not struggle at all. However i have notice it stumbles a tad coming up to a stop. Now when it is cold it will not start i feel like this is a pressure regulator issue please correct me if you feel differently. Is it command they go out?
Does the car have an 8V or 16V engine? If it's 8V it has Bosch K-Jetronic (aka CIS) fuel injection control and the throttle valve will have a cold-start valve attached to the top which is wired up via a thermo-time switch mounted between the two middle intake ports going into the cylinder head (though it's mounted elsewhere on the really late production 8V cars I think). There will be a warm-up regulator attached to the back of the thermostat housing and an auxilliary-air valve as well.

If it's 16V the car will have Bosch LH-Jetronic control gear and it probably won't have a cold-start injector unless someone's added one later (the port for it still exists - just blanked off). You might want to look at the AIC valve (LH equivalent of the auxilliary air valve) to make sure it's functioning properly.

It's common to have issues with cold-start injectors or the parts that control it (mainly the thermo-time switch) on 8V engines but the parts are readily available through Ebay sellers, etc. if you need to replace things.

Craig.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts