SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now that it's October, the cold start issues I've had my '05 Aero have once again vanished suddenly. The car now starts up first time, every time on the cold mornings we're having these days in New England. And once again the answer is that the gas stations in this area have made the switch to winter gas for the season.

For those of you who are not familiar with this issue, Saab has confirmed that the 9-5 series suffers from cold start problems when run on the summer gas that's used in many parts of the country. The summer gas is formulated to reduce vaporization (and hence pollution) in summertime temperatures, but causes difficult starting with some cars when it's cold. Around this time of year, and again in the spring, the transition is made between summer and winter gas.

I imagine some of you are now experiencing the same thing.

·
Registered
59 Posts
thats good to know. we just bought a 9-5 and it started much quieter befoer the cold came here and now with colder nights, it sounds like the belt has a little more squeel to it even though the car runs just as good.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts