SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,
I have an 08 9-5 with just over 100,000 miles that is a wonderful car.

Anyway, I'm having a cold start issue much like some have described through the 2005 cars, where the check valve has gone bad. Only issue is I can't seem to find a check valve on this '08. I haven't been able to find an article about these issues happening in the later Saabs.

It basically starts really rough whether warm or cold, as if the fuel is draining. Once running, it is idling a little high at about 1200 but smoothly. It takes getting up to operating temp (give or take) before it idles smooth, or I can rev it several times once started. Sometimes it starts, sometimes it doesn't. Everything is original other than the pistons, head gasket, and I just replaced the DI cassette and plus, all with OEM. It has only ever had OEM parts (other than the Wossner pistons). Compression is good (I just checked it cold thinking it might be a valve or piston ring issue).

My thinking is maybe a bad Fuel Pressure Regulator, if this check valve doesn't exist on the later models?

thanks!

·
Registered
2,278 Posts
OP, FYI...AMM (Air Mass Meter) is the same thing as the Mass Airflow Sensor (MAF). Do you have any check engine light(s) illuminated currently? One thing you could try is to unplug the MAF's electrical connector and see if the issues persist. You will get a CEL while you do this, and don't drive it for long this way. The CELs will clear themselves when you plug the MAF back in. Just do it long enough to see if you can isolate the problem to the MAF.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Check the fuel pressure at the fuel rail and possibly take look at the coolant temp sensor/thermostat as well. Most decent OBD II scanners should give you a live CTS reading.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts