SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So far all I have found is cold air intakes for the Aero. Anybody know any good sites for Linear engine goodies? Any clearance issues or can any 2.5RS or Impreza pipe fit?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Anything that doesn't interact with the bumper, hood, or fenders will fit. Otherwise, there might be some customsing needed. But anything mechanical for the 2.5RS or WRX will work on the Aero or Linear.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not to be terse, but yes, I know anything that fits will fit.

What I was asking was if anyone knew if hood clearance was an issue, or if there were any problems. I can't really afford to test-fit something that I order through the mail and have to send back.

·
Registered
117 Posts
to my knowledge, there is only one that will fit with no customizing. i can't remember the name, but search on nasioc.com in the naturally aspirated forum. should still be somewhere near the top. injen or somebody. for 05 subaru went to the maf/map(whichever one they didn't have for 04, my memory is not what it once was), and since the aero/wrx is here, there is less interest in a CAI. the CAI's from 04 and down won't work from what i've been told.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Let me know if you figure out which cold air intake works as I was wondering about the same thing for my linear.

·
Registered
117 Posts
injen makes the one i was talkin about before, and i think weaponR makes one, but i don't know anything about that, so that's just hearsay.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I'm guessing that, with the redesigned front end/sheetmetal, this probably changes things insofar as fitment, however....

On the Subaru end of things, the one most highly regarded is Cobb Tuning's CAI. It's very expensive, though. www.cobbtuning.com

Injen is popular, as is the K&N one, which you can buy in lots of places, but here's one:
www.subaruwrxparts.com

There's also GanzFlow and PDM-Racing, which use a similar design, with a different shape. PDM uses' Ganz's ver.1 design; Ganz then changed the shape to their current, or ver.2 CAI. The PDM is also about half the cost, at $50 USDM brand new (they're in Canada). www.pdm-racing.com I have the PDM in my car.

Can't say anything about fitment, but those are the ones I know of. There's also the Gravelsports unit, which looks more like a TMIC, mounting with a panel facing up towards the hood scoop. Search www.nasioc.com or www.RS25.com for info on those.
Group buys happen occasionally.

=S2=

1 - 7 of 7 Posts