SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
458 Posts
Not the K&N, the i57 I believe its called doesnt work with your car. BSR, Simota, or custom.

If you run a search intake threads have pretty much been beat to death around here.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
bsr optiflow intake FTW!

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
BSR Optiflow, its the only option.

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
Want a Cold air intake for my 06 210 hp 93. Which one should I use, K&N or BSR Optiflow?
Build your own to save money, or if money is no object, BSR Optiflow, as the K&N throws CEL's

·
Registered
691 Posts
simota is good too... but the aeroformII !!! DONT buy the carbon charger this one will give you cel..

I have the aeroform for more then a year and dont have any trouble with it..

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
BSR Optiflow for sure if you have the money.

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Yep I'll throw in another vote for BSR. I love mine. You could make something cheaper that will do the same thing. It's not a true CAI anyway so you'll get the same effect...noise ;)

·
Registered
613 Posts
Don't waste your money on an intake system that pulls heat directly from your engine compartment. Get a drop in K&N and forget about it. Like the Moderator said in a similar thread the stock intake isn't the limiting factor.

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Don't waste your money on an intake system that pulls heat directly from your engine compartment. Get a drop in K&N and forget about it. Like the Moderator said in a similar thread the stock intake isn't the limiting factor.
But you dont know what he's looking for. Like the majority of people that swap intakes the point is they want the sound. Majority are aware it offers no bonus otherwise. So if the OP is looking for that intake sound then he's good to go. If he was looking for performance you're definitely correct.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks guys, bought the bsr optiflow five minutes ago. I understand the power wont be great, maybe 4-8 hp at the most. But the sound with the turbo will be great. In the future im going for stage 1 or 3 ppc, along with other mods. i would like to run a 13s car.

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
Thanks guys, bought the bsr optiflow five minutes ago. I understand the power wont be great, maybe 4-8 hp at the most. But the sound with the turbo will be great. In the future im going for stage 1 or 3 ppc, along with other mods. i would like to run a 13s car.
Granted Saabs are quick for what they are, but they are no speed demons, you could spend a lot less on a different kind of car if you just want to run 13's. Getting down to 13 seconds will take quite a bit of work.

But congrats on the intake, Enjoy the sound! And keep us all updated on your quest for 13 seconds! (I too wish I could be there :cheesy: But I know it probably wont happen with this car)

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Yeah as aerojon said, absolutely no power gain adding an intake to this car. All butt dyno if you think so. But the sound is fun non the less.

·
Registered
2,208 Posts

ITG Profilter baby! no need to oil.

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
1 - 20 of 20 Posts