SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,
I own a 2002 Saab 9-3 SE Hatchback. I was looking to get coilovers for it because I recently got 18 inch rims and I think with it lowered it can look really nice.
Anyone know anywhere I can get cheap coilovers for it? I live in Canada so it would need to be able to ship here.

Thanks, Matteo

·
Registered
339 Posts
There are no easy off the shelf Coilovers for these cars. Best bet is lowering springs like eibach and some bilstein shocks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There are no easy off the shelf Coilovers for these cars. Best bet is lowering springs like eibach and some bilstein shocks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ya, I was looking into lowering springs but since this is my daily driver and I live in Canada I get lots of snow in the winters.
I thought coilovers would be the best bet becuase I can raise them in the winter.

·
Registered
6,327 Posts
you thought wrong. lol cheap coilovers are crap even if you could find some and the road salt and brine in Canada kills them dead so the spring perch seize...next... Ivanrf1 said it perfectly

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
you thought wrong. lol cheap coilovers are crap even if you could find some and the road salt and brine in Canada kills them dead so the spring perch seize...next... Ivanrf1 said it perfectly
Okay so having a lowered car in the winter is not going to be an issue. Or should I change them out for the regular ones in the winter?

·
Registered
18,916 Posts
If you want to swap for the winter I'd get a spare set of front struts and swap those. You don't want to rebuild struts every year. Rear springs are easy to swap.

If you really want coilovers, GrkGuy who used to hang out in the forums will probably make you some for a fair price. If he doesn't answer his email I can get you to him on FB or by email.

·
Registered
9,811 Posts
How much are you planning to lower the car? And where in Canada are you?

15" rims for these cars are fairly common and not usually damaged. Put on 185/65-15 winter tires, they're a bit taller than stock. (Although I have no idea how tall your 18" wheels are.)

Trying to drive through winter with those 18" wheels sounds like not a good idea to me.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts