SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have replaced coil packs in my 2.0t several times, and I have religiously used genuine ones - the word has always been don’t use reproduction ones.

Now, for the v6, on eBay the options seem to be many and varied - and the Bosch ones very expensive - does the same logic still apply? Some of the OEM ones here look quite compelling - grateful for any factual guidance, anecdotes aside please.

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Hi,

I have replaced coil packs in my 2.0t several times, and I have religiously used genuine ones - the word has always been don’t use reproduction ones.

Now, for the v6, on eBay the options seem to be many and varied - and the Bosch ones very expensive - does the same logic still apply? Some of the OEM ones here look quite compelling - grateful for any factual guidance, anecdotes aside please.
Doing the rear three coils on the v6 is no joke and not the task you want to repeat unnecessary so stick to Bosch from a reputable dealer like Rockauto. I got mine from them as well.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Yes. The back 3 are a pain but very doable. Just have to be careful and follow WIS. Good chance on breaking the hard vacuum Line back there too. Mine broke at the check valve. I JB welded it together until I got a new one from eEuroparts.com. While you are in there, you may want to get the purge valve replaced. My purge valve started giving me issues about 150000km after i did the plugs and coils. It’s a cheap part. Got that from amazon

·
Registered
43 Posts
I'm actually getting ready to put some Denso iridium's plugs in pre tuning. I understand it's a pain in the back 3. Are you referring to the vacuum lines part #

SAAB OE: 12847287
Logo for Genuine SAAB

from Eeuroparts? I already purchased the whole assembly but figured I'd wait to install when I put plugs in. Previous owner cracked lines and I also seen the jb weld around check valve lol

1 - 5 of 5 Posts