SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning all, just need some clarification on a few things. I have been searching all over the place for a replacement coil pack for my 03 linear for less the 100 dollars. Even a junk yard quoted me $125!!!:eek: each for used ones!

I have heard that 2005 cobalt ss coils will work, can anyone give me a conclusive answer yes or no? I have searched the forum, and there is no clear answer.

Secondly, I found a prenco part on autopartswarehouse.com for $63 dollars! But Im not sure because it is also listed for the Cobalt. So I need to know are cobalt ss and saab 9-3 2.0T Coils interchangeable? Part No#1770175

If you find pics of the oem parts for both cars they are both made by Mitsubishi, but the part numbers are slightly different

Saab H6T60271
Cobalt: H6T15171

That is the only difference visually, they are precisely the same, down to the connectors, and voltage running through them. (12v)

Thanks

·
Registered
510 Posts
Cheer up

Its an easy easy day man, it just takes time. Look me up on FB "Saab Club of San Diego" and you can see some pictures of me changing them out on my Wife's car. Its not hard you just need to be patient. You can either slide the intake manifold over (more space to work) or with the right extentions just remove the pcv valves and ECU (a little quicker). Coils range anywhere from $45-$100 depending on where you buy. I bought B&W ones from O'reilly Auto and they are working fine. I also went with NGK-1959 and gapped them down to .8-.85 to further reduce misfire on our 2.8

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know its an easy job to do, my problem is finding parts that dont cost ridiculous amount of money! My car is the linear 4cyl which uses different coils than the 2.8

·
Registered
21,583 Posts
Remember, the Saab is no economy car (numbers).
Try RockAutoParts
Try eEuroParts
Like all else - shop around and remember those who are competitive.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Cobalt ones only work on the v6, I tried 4 new cobalt ones last week. On my 4cyl. Ended up buying a coilpack from oreilley for 125 shipped.

·
Registered
205 Posts
try rockauto like someone above mentioned ,cheap fast delivery to Canada via fedex not ups so you don't get ripped off Timming chain and sprockets for my saturn 425.00 in canada same one from rockauto to my door in Canada 125.00 all taxes in.;ol;

·
Registered
206 Posts
Rockauto is a great place found a sensor i needed for 35$ instead of 300$ at dealer and 100$ at other part places online..

·
Registered
45 Posts
I bought the Cobalt ones not knowing about the six cylinder caveat mentioned; that wasn't evident in any the stickies. I looked on rockauto yesterday and coils were in the $100 range; the $56 coils don't appear anymore. I'll have those other coils for sale shortly in the classified section.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts