SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an ‘07 9-3 2.0T. I went to the dealership to have an airbag recall done, ecu checked for updates and have fog lights activated. The paper work they gave me said the tech II pulled codes P0646, P1682, P0691, P0693, P0686, P0687. Car runs ok when cold but when engine and outside temps get high, I could probably push the car faster than it will go on it’s own. When it’s hot I’m lucky if I get 1/4 boost in 1st, 2nd and 3rd gear and at best 3/4 boost in 4th and 5th. Any ideas? Car has 22X,XXX miles and is an automatic.

·
Registered
2,962 Posts
Was the check engine light ON ?
Clear the codes and see what comes back .

For me sound like someone disconnected smthn without following proper procedures

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
ecu is toast
Aerojon is right. Get a used one from eBay, and have it paired by a Tech2. They can be pretty cheap. Just make sure it comes from a car similar to yours or you will need to reflash the programming onto it, which isn't hard if you have a Tech2 or computer capable of doing it. The tuner computers should even work, just need the original file. I've had this problem myself

·
Registered
2,962 Posts
I didnt say he is wrong.. i just treat the people here the same way if they walk into my shop, i test rather than work based on codes

1 - 5 of 5 Posts