SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi Everyone. Wednesday I finally picked up my first SAAB in 25 years, a 1991 turbo convertible. No surprise the Clarion unit is coded, I don't have the code, and the sticker on the top of the radio is missing. I know IF i had the S/N that I could get the code from the web. I am figuring that the radio is now toast, but I wanted to ask if anyone knows if the SN may be somewhere else on the radio. Perhaps internally? I looked through old posts, and could not find anything that talked about this particular problem.

Thanks

·
Registered
3,911 Posts
To the best of my knowledge, it's not. You might be able to reach out to Scott at saabnet and see if he knows some other method (he can get you the code, too), but it's probably e-waste now.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So too follow up, can you plug and play another Clarion Unit of the same vintage? Assuming it has the codes?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
One more question. The radio code card, Where would I look for it. Is it in the manual, was it separate, plastic or paper? I am asking because all of the manuals came with the car are water damaged and stuck together. I might be able to locate the card if I know what i am looking for (if it is there)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts