SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I bought a SAAB 1.9tid sport 06 a few weeks ago but I stupidly forgot to do the number 1 rule before buying a car.... check the EML comes on and goes off.... It turns out the guy I got it from stuck some bits of black tape under the EML light blocking the light to come through.... *bangs head on wall*

I have a code that just won't go away..... the code number is P1180 (04) according to my opcom scan tool this is the "Fuel Filter Heater Circuit Open" but from what I have read online this can also be "Fuel Delivery System Malfunction – Low". The car seems to have a hard time starting I would say 30% of the time sometimes I need to crank it for about 30secs before she takes.

Just looking for any advice, cheers :)

·
Super Moderator
10,501 Posts
welcome,SC more US based and don't have the TTid/TiD engine,get yourself over to Saabscene..More Uk,Ireland and Europe based diesel owners..

p1180 diesel preheat fault.......check fuse36 and relay (middle row 2nd one up as you look at them) in engine bay fuse box, try removing and cleaning connections..

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.