SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I only have a Mac tools RaskCode reader and that's what it's telling me is going on.

Any ideas what that one means?

·
Registered
3,951 Posts
P1110=Charge air bypass valve; check your vacuum lines.

·
Registered
867 Posts
FYI (if you didnt know)
OBD reader will not be able to determine codes above 1000.
only 999 and below.
above 1000 are manufacturer (Saab) specific

·
Registered
3,951 Posts
Maybe, but an OBD II reader will.

FYI (if you didnt know)
OBD reader will not be able to determine codes above 1000.
only 999 and below.
above 1000 are manufacturer (Saab) specific

·
Registered
867 Posts
Maybe, but an OBD II reader will.
Well I meant OBD I & II.
Mine says manufacturer specific and his said definition not found.
anyway is there a different way to get the meaning of the codes with a OBDII or do some do it and some dont.
And thanks you often correct me on things, ;ol; (I learn)

·
Registered
3,951 Posts
Manufacturer specific don't mean much with readers; most all codes mean the same some manufactures use C, B, P etc. My local autozone when they read Saab codes there computer for some reason won't do Saab specific; but does give the correct P code under other vehicle names; the P is only an identifier when you use the Tech II all codes are B codes.
The type of reader makes a difference also. If I get a code without the P; when I look it up on the WIS I just add the P and I always find what I need.

Well I meant OBD I & II.
Mine says manufacturer specific and his said definition not found.
anyway is there a different way to get the meaning of the codes with a OBDII or do some do it and some dont.
And thanks you often correct me on things, ;ol; (I learn)

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks. It's a cry basic reader but it's small enough to just live in magazine pouch behind my seat. Pluss it was only $50.

·
Registered
3,951 Posts
If you have a smart phone; look into the torque android app and bluetooth adaptor. $25 and it does more than just read the codes.

Thanks. It's a cry basic reader but it's small enough to just live in magazine pouch behind my seat. Pluss it was only $50.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts