SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So this is my first saab (2006 9-3 2.0T) and recently i bought a “stage 2 aggressive ecu” off a 2004 9-3 Aero on ebay (#55569738) and had it programmed to my car at a local shop thst works on saabs. After it was programmed i still had a cel and code was p0300 for a random misfire my guess was thars the only code it had for a while but my car wasnt running at its full potential. I later went to the junk yard and pulled an ionization module off an 04 saab i believe and that fixed my issue. Car was boosting great running great but cel was still there (didnt bother scanning it just thought it was still a random misfire). About 2 weeks after i changed the ion module car started acting weird again. Not catching boost as fast. Felt less power. Recently scanned it again and got a p0325. Since the cars dont have knock sensors i figured it would be the ion module i switched out went bad so i got one off an 06 saab 9-3 on ebay and installed it today. Car still runs sluggish and code did not leave. Not to sure what it can be now since it still calls for knock/ combustion vibration sensor 1 circuit bank 1 or single sensor. Any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

·
Super Moderator
8,919 Posts
does the ecu have the correct software for your engine code..this should have been checked with tech2..or wrong coils(if fitted recently)

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
does the ecu have the correct software for your engine code..this should have been checked with tech2..or wrong coils(if fitted recently)
i swapped back to my old ecu and car runs good now. Cel went away aswell. Maybe the ecu was faulty?

·
Super Moderator
20,049 Posts
Sounds like it's too aggressive for the gas you are running. What fuel were you running?

·
Super Moderator
20,049 Posts
That's your problem.

·
Super Moderator
20,049 Posts
What plugs you on?

·
Super Moderator
20,049 Posts
And what happens if you put your old ecu in?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
And what happens if you put your old ecu in?
What fuel should i run then? And i got some ngk spark plugs that i bought from the placed that programmed my ecu and i gapped them to what the tune called for and the car ran fine when i put my old ecu back on. No check engine light or any issues whatsoever. You think the tuned ecu is faulty?

·
Super Moderator
20,049 Posts
It is possible yes. If the misfires happen immediately then yes I'd say you bought a bad ecu. If they only happen when you go full throttle then likely your octane isn't high enough. Without data to see what is happening can't say what to do. If you want to risk it you can try ONE gallon of E85 on a full tank of gas (assuming you have e85 available). That would raise the octane. Injectors probably have enough headroom for 1 gallon. One would hope.

·
Super Moderator
20,049 Posts
Also, confirm you have correct coils.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It is possible yes. If the misfires happen immediately then yes I'd say you bought a bad ecu. If they only happen when you go full throttle then likely your octane isn't high enough. Without data to see what is happening can't say what to do. If you want to risk it you can try ONE gallon of E85 on a full tank of gas (assuming you have e85 available). That would raise the octane. Injectors probably have enough headroom for 1 gallon. One would hope.
I see. My guess is the ecu is most likely bad. No big deal, im looking around to see if i find any local shops that tune saabs.. there isnt many around, for now is there any suggested quick mods i can do to get some power out of the car?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Also, confirm you have correct coils.

The coils i have do say saab and mitsubishi on them and i replaced those about a month and a half ago i believe those are the right ones for the car

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Then it could be the ecu or the tune. I see that you are from denver. I think the nearest shop near you would be swede fleet tuning.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
At 5000' ASL I'd back off to stage 1 unless I were replacing the intercooler and pistons as well.

·
Registered
12 Posts
There's a couple different versions of CDM, that module on the side of the head there. ECM software needs to match. Basically, you have the wrong software in the car. I have encountered this playing around with my own.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
There's a couple different versions of CDM, that module on the side of the head there. ECM software needs to match. Basically, you have the wrong software in the car. I have encountered this playing around with my own.
Is that so? Any ideas on how to fix this issue? The ion module that the car initially had went bad. Kept throwing me into limp mode and not allowing me to hit full boost so i picked one up at the junk yard and that worked for about 2 weeks..

1 - 20 of 22 Posts