SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everybody, I have a problem with my radio when I turn it on the numbers 3214 apper in my display of my 1997 900. No sound comes out of the speakers. I'm missing some pixles in my display but I'm pretty sure that the number shown is correct. Can sombody please tell me what this means. Thanks!

·
Registered
21,583 Posts
Bolicocolo, welcome to Saab Central

HTH beat me to it, as I was thinking along the same lines.
Is this a 900S ot the more deluxe SE ??
Check your owners manual or your papers for the radio code...
Have you owned this car for long ?

·
Registered
3,013 Posts
It sounds like the unit is waiting for the security code to be entered. Has the power to the head unit been disconnected at any time?

Try holding down the 'BAND' button for more than 3 seconds If I am right, the display should clear and then show 'CODE IN'. If so you will need to enter the correct four digit code to activate it.

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Echo Munki, but don't forget the increasing time factor before you can re-enter the code, if you get it wrong.

Earthworm, HTH is shorthand for hope this helps :D .

HTH

Chris aka ZB

·
Registered
3,013 Posts
Good point, ZB. Get it wrong three times and the radio will lock you out. You will then have to leave the radio on for an hour before you get another chance to enter the code.

·
Registered
668 Posts
I think what has happened here is someone has entered those numbers on the radio when it was asking for 'Code In'. If the number is wrong, it will just sit there. You have to hold down the BAND button for like 5 seconds to clear out and then enter the correct code hopefully found in your glovebox or in your manual. Hope that helps.

** NEVERMIND, Looks like Munki beat me to it. I should read the posts before posting :p **

1 - 7 of 7 Posts