SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if these kits will fit on our cars? I was looking up specs and the kit for the 9-3SS is $2000 for fronts, while I can get the Baer kit (I like their products) for a Cobalt SS for right just over $1000. New brakes are due for my car soon so I figured why not go big. I'm having some trouble finding hub diameters for the two cars and also rotor thickness. I know that will not be a problem if the kit works because it comes with new calipers and everything, but I'd just like to know the thickness of the stock rotors for each car for comparison.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Dunno about the Cobalt. The 93SS comes in 2 thicknesses depending on model. Since you have Arc models and there seems to be some variance on rotor diameters and such, it's hard for me to say what you have. If you have 300+ mm diameter discs, you have 28mm thickness discs otherwise it will be 25mm thick. That's as far as I know.

If you do try and are successful, you will definitely be the first. You could also check if they fit the Caddy BLS or the Opel/Vauxhall Vectra C. If they do, then it's a pretty sure thing that it'll fit the 93SS.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
We have looked at our cobalt SS and compared to the saabs it seems like different rotor backspacing etc. I have not pulled the rotors and calipers off yet but should in the coming weeks. It is getting Hawk HPS pads. ;) The cobalt SS brakes are quite a bit smaller.

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I really want that Baer kit bad. I saw this kit in person on a Cobalt SS here. I would have to swap out the rotors for slotted, but from past experience Baer is pretty cool about that. I guess this is the one time where living in the US does not have it's advantages. I'm sure in Europe there has to be at least 3-4 cars (Opel's) that are a direct swap for these brakes and calipers.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts