SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all.
I have a 1994 900s 5 speed 2.3 non-turbo 5 door, (there, I think I got it all)
My opportunity to shine is this. When letting out the clutch, it starts to grab as soon as my foot starts to lift off the floor. I have searched the archives and haven't found a definitive answer to my dilemma. Is my clutch cable stretching? It is only a year old. I just rolled over 200,000 miles so I think a new clutch will be in order soon. I am really at a loss with this. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Dave
Seattle

·
Registered
917 Posts
As long as there is not much free play in the clutch pedal I think your cable is fine. My clutch grabs close to the floor too, and I have a brand new clutch and cable. You're not on the stock clutch, are you? 200k miles on the original one would be very impressive. :eek:

·
Registered
21,583 Posts
The clutches I have used (Chevrolet, Plymouth, VW, Saab of the 60s,70s, etc,etc) engage/disengage in the middle of the pedal travel.

The Saab cable does seem to stretch a lot - I would throw away the auto-adjust and upgrade to a manual adjust...

There must be about 19 mm of free play at the beginning of pedal travel..

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
I posted a fix to this a while ago - basicaly you pull on the cable where it goes into the cabin and fit some spacers or small jubilee clips around the cable. It seems the self sdjuster gets worn and no longer works which creates this low bite point.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts