SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just started tearing into a leak mystery this afternoon... I have had a transmission fluid leak for a while now, and I tracked it down to (what I believed would be) the clutch input shaft seal... It only leaked at speed, never sitting. The fluid was coming from the clutch-well drain hole.

I figured it must have been the shaft seal. That is until I got the thing opened up.

The top bolt on the clutch slave was AWOL. Just not there. Does this bolt hole go all the way into the transmission casing? I am going to probe around with some wire to see if I can tell. I am suspecting that this missing bolt is the cause of my leak!
So does anyone know if those little bolt holes get all the way through the case where they could leak fluid?

C

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
Yes, I believe they do........

Put a small screwdriver or similar into the hole..........
If it goes in and keeps going.......that will definitely be into the transfer case.
If it goes in and stops after a short insertion it may be closed in.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just checked... The holes go in a bit, but I couldn't tell if it bottomed out inside the tranny, or just at the bottom of the tap. I replaced the bolt, and I think I will put it back together enough to go for a little shake-down cruise in the morning and see if I still leak.

C

·
Registered
678 Posts
They do go all the way through, its best to put some thread sealant on the screws when you fit them

1 - 4 of 4 Posts