SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well my clutch is slipping after half throttle, 10lbs boost. In the next year i plan on doing the injectors and fuel pump and im gonna push her to the max on that setup till the engine blows. I drive pretty hard usually aswell.

Ive read through alot of clutch stuff on here and im pretty much down to trying a clutch from clutchnet or just going with the viggen clutch and pressure plate?

Ive seen good and bad about clutchnet and im not afraid to try something out. Although the viggen clutch ive seen pretty much no complaints from.

Im leaning more towards the viggen but part of me wants to try out something different.

http://www.clutchnet.com/clutches?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.pbv.v2.tpl&product_id=5468&category_id=3499

·
Registered
166 Posts
Yes knowing what stage your at would help. I personally have used a clutchnet stage 3 setup on my stage 4 Viggen and i would never go back to it or recommend it to anyone. The clutch was no where near able to hold the power they claim to be rated for.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Yes knowing what stage your at would help. I personally have used a clutchnet stage 3 setup on my stage 4 Viggen and i would never go back to it or recommend it to anyone. The clutch was no where near able to hold the power they claim to be rated for.
So what are you using now? I'm trying to prepare myself and car for more power. I'm going straight to stage 3.

·
Registered
3,250 Posts
something doesnt sound right there.... ive got a clutchnet stage 3 on my stage 6 gt30 and it holds just fine (and thats 400whp territory)
it's possible the clutch glazed as the break in process is slightly more sensitive than a factory clutch

So what are you using now? I'm trying to prepare myself and car for more power. I'm going straight to stage 3.
you'll be fine with a viggen clutch kit
no need to overkill

·
Registered
166 Posts
No it didn't glaze I have the clutch sitting in a box at home and it's just shot. Ate through the friction material almost all the way to the rivits it's bad. I now run the spec stage 3+ clutch with was very exspensive but has been awesome so far a little bit harsher ingagment but I daily drive the car and it's fine. I agree for a stage 3 2.0 the Viggen kit should be good.

Another thing I think about is maybe I got a defective unit or maybe I was send a lower stage by mistake cuz when I got it from gs it was not in a clutchnet box.

·
Registered
3,250 Posts
Another thing I think about is maybe I got a defective unit or maybe I was send a lower stage by mistake cuz when I got it from gs it was not in a clutchnet box.
that is very likely, as ive read others having problems from buying clutchnet discs from GS

IIRC one guy received a disc that looked used from them

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
I think the viggen clutch disk will hold stages 1-4 no problem. But I also know people who have a viggen disk in 5-6 stage cars.

I have a viggen disk in my stage 5 now and it was holding but is slipping. I think I rushed the break-in procedure. If I had of been a bit easier with the break-in ,who knows it may of held.

I have been told a Viggen disk is usually only good to around 300 whp.

I have a clutchnet 6 puck sitting in my bench, ready to go in. I bought my clutchnet disk from clutchnet .com, direct.

The viggen disk will hold most cars.

·
Registered
556 Posts
something doesnt sound right there.... ive got a clutchnet stage 3 on my stage 6 gt30 and it holds just fine (and thats 400whp territory)
it's possible the clutch glazed as the break in process is slightly more sensitive than a factory clutch

you'll be fine with a viggen clutch kit
no need to overkill
Are you saying I can go to my local parts store and just ask for a clutch kit for say a 2000 2.3 turbo?

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Oh my fault i thought i put my stage under my name up in the corner. I have it at stg 3 right now, T28 turbo. After reading on here im sure the viggen will do fine im more concerned about when i do the fuel injectors and pump. Although Im not convinced even at that point ill need something stronger but i will need something that can handle a bit of abuse. I really like to drive this car hard. I just bought a 2009 9-3 today so ill definitely be driving the 900 hard now.

It is also possible that next summer im gonna do some part swapping from my car to my friends and tryin bump my car up a whole bunch. I want to aim for the 450hp range but i havent done much research past what ive currently done. Im not really sure what itll take to achieve that though it seems i should be looking ahead at that so i dont just burn up a year old clutch.

Theres just to many choices when you go digging and i like to talk these things out before i make a decision.

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
When I had a stage 3 in my car the standard clutch was fine. Don't worry about injectors and pumps till you get to stage 5.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Got it guys. Thanks

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
When I had a stage 3 in my car the standard clutch was fine. Don't worry about injectors and pumps till you get to stage 5.

Im hoping by the end of next summer im in that range.

What about this: If i go with the viggen clutch i can put the aluminum flywheel on for not much more than if i bought just the clutchnet clutch. Now is the aluminum flywheel worth putting on? Ive read pretty mixed feedback on the worthness of adding one. The way i see it, Im doing the entire suspension at the same time as doing this clutch and i want to replace/change everything that involves removing the transmission while im in there.

SO Im going to go with the viggen clutch. Im kinda figuring by the time i need a stronger clutch ill be doing the transmission anyway. I guess i should mention I have big dreams for this car.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I cant seem to find the viggen clutch kit in stock anywhere. Does anyone know somewhere im not looking? or if anyone has the part numbers that might help. i found a post with them before but i cant seem to locate it atm.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts