SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I just bought a saab 9-3 my first car actually but the guy I bought it from says it needs a clutch and I do know it needs a exhaust it does have thoes dreaded yellow top coils but my clutch pedal is all the way to the floor so I'm thinking maybe its just a master or slave cinder not a clutch
Edit:I pulled the clutch pedal up and pumped it it feels good now but car won't go into gear when I turn it on buddy thinks it might be a throw out barring

·
Super Moderator
9,669 Posts
some issue there with the hydraulic side of the clutch,don't know why you say dreaded yellow top coils,i'm still running my oe coils(17yrs old) with a tune..

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
some issue there with the hydraulic side of the clutch,don't know why you say dreaded yellow top coils,i'm still running my oe coils(17yrs old) with a tune..
You sir are very lucky to still have them coils running

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What kind of hydraulic problem you thinking clutch master cylinder or slave cylinder?

·
Registered
2008 Saab 9-3 Aero FWD 6MT
321 Posts
You would probably hear a throw-out bearing that was bad. It would sound like a grinding or possibly a high-pitched whirring. Unless it's completely missing, you should still be able to shift gears.
Fluid level? Any leaks? Can you put it in gear with the car off? Does it shift if you pump it up? Did you try bleeding the clutch? Could be master or slave.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You would probably hear a throw-out bearing that was bad. It would sound like a grinding or possibly a high-pitched whirring. Unless it's completely missing, you should still be able to shift gears.
Fluid level? Any leaks? Can you put it in gear with the car off? Does it shift if you pump it up? Did you try bleeding the clutch? Could be master or slave.
It does shift when its off and it shifted into gear before when it was off but then I pumped the clutch pedal to try and see if that would get it off the floor it did but now I can't shift into gear and when it is of I can go into 1st 2nd and 3rd but not 4th and 5th gear

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Also very hard to hear anything wrong with it cuz I dont have a exhaust on it its open headers rn till I can put on a new flex pipe

·
Registered
10,673 Posts
So I just bought a saab 9-3 my first car actually but the guy I bought it from says it needs a clutch and I do know it needs a exhaust it does have thoes dreaded yellow top coils but my clutch pedal is all the way to the floor so I'm thinking maybe its just a master or slave cinder not a clutch
You should hear your friend who knows all and ignore what we are talking.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Ok this is my first manual I have worked on so I kinda don't know what all to do and where the lines are

+1 on WIS or Haynes manual. IMHO the Haynes manual is well worth the $30 or so as it is much better organized than the WIS & gives additional pictures...the WIS is available for free so Haynes is more of a supplement. Either will tell you where all the lines are, what they do, & how to troubleshoot each section of the clutch system (as well as all others). Asking for info to be handed out without first trying to find it yourself won’t work for every issue you’re gonna have...the help can only be as useful as the specific question asked.

Give a man a fish...teach a man to fish...Yada yada

Reactions: MadRomeo

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
IMHO the Haynes manual is well worth the $30 or so as it is much better organized than the WIS & gives additional pictures
Ya, the learning curve for using the WIS is a good bit steeper than Haynes (🤣), especially since it uses some outdated UI paradigms. OTOH, once you do learn to navigate it, absolutely everything is there.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts