SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know where in the uk i can get a clutch pedal assembly part number 4647962 for my clutch conversion?

Thanks

·
Registered
21,583 Posts
This should not be difficult, here in the states,PA for one, there are junk yards all over, a very good situation, but in England, or Europe for that matter, where land use must be a lot more restricted...., I don't know.

At Coldspring Saab we stripped a few cars, the control pedals had little value, but then some Sax-o-mats were converted to fully manual......

Try to see if you can find a good dealer employing the same material conserving practice..

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Is it the correct part number i am quoting, as i have already been supplied with a new pedal but there is no way it will fit as the steering columb and the air ducts are in the way?

·
Registered
10,462 Posts
The air ducts all have to be taken out, but they'll fit back in once the clutch pedal is installed. I almost think I saw something in the RHD instructions for the hydraulic conversion about unbolting part of the steering column. For whatever reason this isn't necessary on LHD cars. You'll also have to drill three holes in the firewall. Two are for the master cylinder and one is for a stud on the pedal assembly that doesn't line up with an existing hole.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Have a word with Salvo, they are Saab breakers in Derbyshire. I have just picked up a complete kit to convert from sensonic to manual from them, £150, which includes the replacement plate that fits in the bulkhead and means no drilling to bodge it.

Phone number is 01159 445644 or website at www. salvogroup.co.uk.

I asssume its a sensonic conversion youre doing as well? Any chance of having a quick look at your main ecu for me, its the one in the right hand kick panel behind the carpet. I need to know the colour of the wires going to pins 5, 9, 18 and 26.

Cheers

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks

Yeh i will get that tommorow for you but it will probably be the evening as i am going up tommorow to start re building the car

Mark

1 - 10 of 10 Posts