SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1991 Turbo Convertible. When my slave cylinder went, the clutch pedal got closer and closer to the floor, to the point where it was almost either on or off and you couldn't really control it. That was awhile back. About 2K ago, I replaced master cylinder, clutch line and slave cylinder. Now, I've got the opposite issue. Over the past few weeks, the clutch pedal engagement is getting farther and farther from the floor. The pedal travels about halfway right now before anything starts happening and it seems to be getting farther. It's hard to make smooth shifts while driving because there's so much travel. There is no fluid loss or leakage anywhere that I see. The clutch disc had only minor wear on it when I replaced the slave cylinder, definitely did not need replaced. It wasn't like this previously, nor on my other 5-speeds where the engagement starts much closer to the floor, as it should. Any ideas what to look for? Thanks.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Replaced that hose and the hose to the ABS pump when I did the other clutch services. I remember the old ones were in sad shape. Found the receipt (10/5/19) because I had to order special hose that was compatible with brake fluid, 8mm ID FYI. Just checked it, still looks brand new. I will take off and double check flow.

·
Registered
13,339 Posts
One common scenario has the Brake Master cylinder being replaced and the installer forgets to snip off the blocked feed tube for the Clutch Master. This can take months to appear.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts