SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just replaced all my clutch components, and though I used OEM parts (Sachs) for the clutch plate, slave, and pressure plate, I ended up with a Delphi master cylinder.

Though the system is working fine, the Delphi master cylinder doesn't seem to have the same throw as the OEM master. It does not return as far, so the whole operation is closer to the floor and the pedal doesn't return far enough to contact the clutch switch (for cruise control).

I tried adjusting the cruise switch (by pulling out on it), but the pedal doesn't come up far enough to close the switch. I taped a small piece of wood on the clutch pedal arm so I can use cruise control...

Also, it just feels wierd to have the clutch pedal that much closer to the floor.

I'd like to replace the master with one similar to the OEM cylinder. Any suggestion about which of the many available brands to use?

thanks...

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
When clamping the master in place, the clutch pedal/arm needs to be pulled up hard (and held there) while tightening the bolts.

Might help.

·
Registered
410 Posts
clutch

hi, something else not related to pedal height. whenever the clutch is rebuilt or replaced then an excellent move is to replace the flexible hose as well.this is because sometimes the flexible hose crumbles internally causing major slave cylinder problems and loss of clutch action. just for info. love that car. cheers.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Both good tips. Turns out that the spring loaded clutch pedal return thingy (connected to the pedal) lost it's keeper clip and the pin was falling out preventing the pedal from returning all the way. I put it back right and now the pedal comes up all the way.

I know I should replace the flex hoses too. Any ideas on the size & style hose to use (and where to get it?)

thanks everyone...

·
Registered
410 Posts
clutch

hi. a hose doctor or hydraulic hose repairer, sometimes their hose quality trumps what the OE manufacturer supplies and cheaper as they only replace the flexible section or the dismantler/wrecker and you have a spare but how many spare items do you really need??? love that car.cheers

1 - 5 of 5 Posts