SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Working on ordering the parts for a clutch job on my convertible. Wondering what else I need to order for the job. Ignore the air shields. I also have the locking pins from genuine saab and the lubricant for the input shaft as well.

·
Registered
479 Posts
While you're in there, you'll probably be sending the flywheel out for re-surfacing. So you might as well replace the rear main seal (RMS) 55557240 on crankshaft.

·
Registered
18,042 Posts
Definitely do the rear main seal. Corteco is the OEM if you want to go non-factory. There are hints around here on how to install it without damaging it.

There's a tiny little o-ring on the end of the fluid tube that goes into the junction block. Order one of those. I would also order one of the clips that holds the junction block to the slave. Mine popped a couple times and we had to bend it before we got it to stay... next time I'd just put a fresh one on.

The WIS says you have to replace the flywheel bolts (one time use) but no one seems to.

·
Registered
6,153 Posts
Do be sure you have a sealant for those bolts though... otherwise they will leak.

I would order a couple of the o-rings Bob mentioned. They are cheap, and losing one sucks. (I would guess, such a thing has never happened to me)

·
Registered
479 Posts
When I replaced a NG900 2.3L RMS after 7 years and 75k Mobil-1 miles, its sealing lip was hard as wood. Stamped "FPM" so I guess it was fluoropolymer. Don't know the brand. Replaced it with a National 3772 silicone RMS available from several local parts retailers. So will see how long that one lasts.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts