SaabCentral Forums banner

Clutch Issues

467 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  EbbySaab 
#1 ·
Hey all,

So today I finished the build on my 9-5 Arc. As i’m about to take it home, i noticed that the clutch pedal was very light. What made that weird was that I got a Spec Stage 2+ clutch so i knew it should’ve been heavier. After noticing that, i turned it on, put it in reverse and it went backwards fine: no rumbling at all. As i put it in first, it struggled to catch and go. The gear went in find, but i had to give it 3k+ rpms to get it to move and even then it would still vibrate roughly as if it were about to die.

We bled the system, threw in a new clutch MC, and a new clutch pipe from Abbott racing. So everything’s new including the transmission...and yes i mean brand new from factory.

So now i’m confused what the issue is because everything is new, and vacuum bled.

The only thing that i see might be the problem is that i put a clutch that was meant for an Aero in an Arc. Would that cause problems? I read that an aero clutch fits the ARC but maybe i was wrong.

I also resurfaced the flywheel in case that changes anything.

Any help or ideas would be appreciated.

See less See more
#2 ·
Check your axles.
Nothing hydraulic would cause this issue as it seems you have low clamping force from the clutch or PP. It is not uncommon for the clutch to feel lighter, even with a higher clamping force clutch, when putting new equipment in. I think that trans is coming out again...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.