SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have about an inch and a half of play/slack in the clutch pedal before it even begins to disengage the clutch. Is this easy to fix? I'm guessing jack up the car and tighten something under the car.

Also, Is it normal for the tranny to sort of "bang" when shifting into reverse? I'd say it bangs maybe 1 out of 3 times. It doesn't move the car, just jolts the car and makes me clench my teeth cuz i don't like the sound at all.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Hi,

Check the clevis pin/pedal hole for mechanical wear before doing any hydraulic work. The pedal itself can wear quite badly.

Try engaging a forward gear before putting into reverse. The ban is not good for the reverse gear cogs!

·
Registered
37 Posts
I agree with Mr. Bond, sounds like the clevis pin joint if it is loose play. You can tell by looking under dash at where the master cylinder comes through bulkhead (left hand side) and wiggle the clutch pedal. See if that is where the play is.

There seem to be 2 options to repair. Popular on this board seems to be drill out the elongated (due to wear) hole and fit a larger pin. Secondly, I have just removed the clutch pedal mechanism and had the hole built up with weld and re-drilled - really smart (but more time consuming) job! Fortunate I took this lot out as I found that the pedal had at some stage 'broken loose' due to fatigue and been badly repaired, so this was sorted at the same time. Good as new now.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts