SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
sometimes, in the morning, when i start my car, it will act as if it is in gear (moving backwards) when the clutch is pressed all the way to the floor. when this happens, it is very, very hard to move the stick out of reverse and then into first or reverse again (it grinds) once it gets into gear and warms up, it is fine. this has happened in cold and very warm weather- so that doesn't seem to be a factor.
a very disturbing thing happened this morning- i had been told to pump the clutch a few times to help out the problem i just described. this morning is the first time i tried that. on the fifth press, the clutch froze in the up position. i pressed a little harder, but it was solid. about 40 mins later, i tried again and it went in, but was very rough. i didn't try to put it in gear.
Help...

·
Registered
9,170 Posts
Are you losing any fluid from the reservoir? Sounds like a leak somewhere, or air in the system. There's a thread here which has a link in it to a complete clutch job done by Matthew. The other thing is to try a search on it.

Welcome to Saab Central :cool:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts